H1 B question

Can an individual be granted H1-B status if they are doing an internship (unpaid) or any type of volunteer position? If not, can anyone tell me how an individual would go about getting anything resembling this type of visa for an internship?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

H-1B is available only for paid positions. Generally speaking, unpaid internships could be undertaken on a B-1 visa. That would be at the discretion of the US consulate.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment