Green Card Holder With No Reentry Permit

My husband is a UK citizen and has a Green Card, but no re-entry permit. I am a US citizen. We have been living in China for 6 years for my job and plan to return to the States. The last time my husband was in the US was 3.5 years ago. What is the process that he needs to go through to be able to reenter the States and hold onto his Green Card?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Start with contacting the local U.S. Consulate. See if they can issue a returning resident permit  (also called SB1 visa).

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment