Green Card And Re Entry Permit

What happens if green card expires while away on reentry permit and it's not possible to stay and return to USA to renew?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

You lose your green card status. Reapplying or trying to get a returning resident permit would be the only two options that I can think of.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment