1. When is the I-864 processing fee paid? 2. When does the NVC send instructions about the I-864, I-864W, I-864EZ and I-864A? 3. Is there a fee I will need to pay for the Affidavit of Support forms? 4. Is there a fee to review the Affidavit of Support at a U.S. embassy or consulate abroad?
1. When your immigrant visa case is ready to begin processing at the NVC, the NVC will send an Affidavit of Support processing fee invoice and payment instructions to your petitioner.
2. If your petitioner pays the Affidavit of Support fee online, your petitioner will gain access to the Affidavit of Support Document Cover Sheet. The Document Cover Sheet will provide access to the Affidavit of Support Instructions. If your petitioner pays the Affidavit of Support fee using the Alternate Payment Method, your petitioner will receive instructions from the NVC after the fees are paid.
3. Yes, there is a $88 fee per case for reviewing the Affidavit of Support (Forms I-864, I-864A, I-864W and/or I-864EZ) when the form(s) is(are) filed in the U.S. SeeImmigrant Services - Other Fees.
4. No, when the I-130 and subsequent Affidavit of Support (AOS) form is filed outside the U.S. a fee is not charged.
Important Notice from DOS on New Form I-864 - The National Visa Center (NVC), as well as U.S. embassies and consulates will accept either the 09/09/11 version or the newer (03/22/13) version of the Form I-864 until June 23, 2013. However, after June 23, 2013, only the newer version (03/22/13) of the form will be accepted. If an applicant already submitted an old 09/09/11version of the Form I-864 before June 23, applicants will NOT be required to submit a new version of the Form I-864 unless the embassy requires the submission of a new I-864 for some other reason.