Green card under the Child Status Protection Act

I have a friend who got his green card recently. His sister in law was the one who applied for the green card which was filed on October 1997. His son was 14 at that time. By the time he got his green card, his son was 22, so the son didnt get the green card. Can my friend's son still get a green card under the Child Status Protection Act, or some other ruling?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

Your friend can apply for an unmarried child independently. Application of CSPA requires analysis of specific facts. I suggest your friend should consult an immigration lawyer for that.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment