Sponsoring my Mom for reinstating Green card

My Mom had green card several years ago and lost staus. Now I would like to sponsor her for lost Green card. Will there be a preference or does it help her get GC faster? She is planning on coming here on a visitor visa and then file for sponsoring her for GC.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

I am assuming you are a US citizen. You will be applying for a new green card, not reinstatement. As to the issue of applying for a green card after she enters on a visitors visa with a pre-conceived intent to apply for green card; this CAN (not always) be problematic. USCIS can consider this to be an improper use of her B visa.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment