Sponsor Green card

I obtained my US citizenship status early in 2009. Now my parents came to visit me and staying with me. I have a plan of applying the green card for my parents and keep them with me until the green card is fully processed. Can you please advise me whether I need to file I-130 or I-485 ? They have the I-90 stamped until April 2010. Also in I-130 there is a question ( I think no 22) , asking the preference of visa process. Is it possible for me to ask our my preference?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

We cannot offer assistance in filling up forms. But without commenting on your situation and generally speaking, when applying for parents who are in USA, a US citizen files an I-148 package and form I-130 together.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment