Parent of US citizen - Child born in USA

My son was born in the US, he was 2 months premature and his birth in the US was pure accident since i was on vacation there when i developed a complication and had to be hospitalised at 6 months pregnant. He is only 8 months, and we are living out of US. Is there any right for parent of young US born child to apply for residency so the child can be raised in the US?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

The good news is that the child is a US citizen by birth. The bad news is that does not help the parents. He can apply for you only when he turns 21.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment