Greencard holder filing for a non-US citizen

I am a GC holder currently working in Texas. I lived in Ohio, still have an Ohio drivers license and still maintain a house there where all my letters go. I am trying to file for my wife who lives outside of the US. Should I be filing from texas or Ohio?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

I think you should go with your actual place of residence. Also, remember to file Form AR-11 every time you move.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment