Green Card Through Marriage

I just got married to an American Citizen, unfortunately I am in his country illegally. I want to know what process would we have to go through to get me a Green Card and make me a resident. I am also pregnant, will this affect anything at all?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

For all people on B visa or illegal in USA who are marrying a US citizen, I strongly advise at least one consultation with a lawyer to make sure you will not run into trouble.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment