Green Card for Husband

I just got my citizenship. My husband has an expired F1. We've been married for 4.5 yrs and live in the States, what do I have to do to get my husband permanent resident?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

You need to file a whole bunch of forms (including but not limited to Forms I-130 and I-485). There is no way I can assess the whole situation since he is out of status. I do suggest you get a lawyer locally where you are.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment