GC for Wife

My wife and I have been married for 15yrs. I am a U.S citizen and she is Mexican Citizen. We have been in mexico since 2001 and I want to get her green card. She went last year for a tourist visa and they said she is band for 10 yrs since she entered the U.S in 2001 without a visa. My question is can I go ahead and file for her GC even though we have 1 more year before the 10 period is up? Also since we have been here I have not filed income tax since she has a business here and pays taxes here I dont show income but she has a uncle in the U.S who will be able sign for support.

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

I have not reviewed the law specifically, but I think it is permissible for you to start the I-130 process even now and you can get a co-sponsor for the financial support.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment