Change of status for Beneficiary

I am green card holder in USA. I filled I130 for un-married son (above 21) in July 2001. He got married in May 2005 and lives with his wife in USA on H1B. My application I130 which i filed in July 2001 for unmarried son has been approved. I am waiting for their communication. My question is Will my son be eligible for the approved application by just changing his status to Married and get his greencard along with his wife?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

As far as I know, marriage automatically disqualifies your son. Sorry.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment