I have a family-based pending GC application that is likely to be processed in 2012. Could I apply for a NIV (visitor or student) before GC application is processed? How likely is it that a NIV application may be denied due to my immigrant intent, and if it is denied, what repercussions could that have for my GC application and beyond?
It is possible, but the grant is unlikely. Read my blog, including this: http://forums.immigration.com/blog.php?u=1&blogcategoryid=36