Social Security Card -- F-1 visa

I currently have both an B1/B2 and F1 visa. I got into a graduate program at a university in Teaneck, New Jersey. What are the possibilities of getting a job off campus and would i be able to get a social security card..? What are the issues i have to deal with in such cases?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

You need to discuss your options with your International Students Office. Ask them also about curricular practical training, where you are allowed to work for credits.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on

Add new comment