F1 and OPT Expired but 60 days not up

I have a Bachelors degree and a Masters degree from the US. My EAD from my masters degree recently expired and the 60 days is almost up. I dont want to go back to school or go back to my home country. If i do find an employer willing to file for a green card based on EB2, will have to go back to school to maintain my status while the green card is in process or will my status change once the paper work is turned in?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

This is a common misunderstanding. Starting a PERM-based green card does not give you the right to stay in USA.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment