F-1 working off-campus

I have a small query that F-1 student are allowed to work on-campus(20 hr) and for off-campus they need work permit but if they solve quetsions over internet and get paid by someone outside US then is it legal? or does it require any permit? In other words if some student (F1) provide support to some company outside USA (over internet) and get paid is it legal?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

I do not believe there is any law that specifically addresses this issue, but I believe all work done on US soil is likely to be considered illegal.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment