Employment for R-1 Dependents

Can dependents of an R-1 beneficiary work while in the U.S.?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

An R-1 worker’s spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may be eligible for R-2 classification, but the dependents of an R-1 worker may not accept employment while in the United States in R-2 status.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment