B-2 to B-1

I am an IT professional who has come to the US for medical treatment on a B2. I am getting better. Since I like to constantly upgrade my skills, I found some training programs that I could attend as they are more frequent in the US than in Canada. Can I attend them on a B2? I mean I have a B1/B2 visa, but the officer marked it as B2 on the stamp on my passport at the POE. Second - I also have got an offer for a one day lecture to some technology professionals for which I might get paid. How would the folks know I worked for a day if while exiting the country there is no checking?

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

I believe you can take training on B-2 as long as your main purpose of stay in USA is is still medical treatment. Getting paid may be a bad idea.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment