I have an approved I-140 and a Pending I-485 (Since July 2007 Employment –Based Adjustment of Status Indian Passport Holder is submitted Application ). Since presently there is very large backlog I decided to move Canada 2009 since I am Stay in Canada and now become Canadian citizenship.
1. How to switch to Adjustment of Status to Consular Processing?
2. How long would it take to switch from Adjustment of Status to Consular Processing?
3. How to inform to USCIS to change my citizenship Indian to Canadian.
It is very easy to convert from Consular Processing for Adjustment of Status. Just file the Adjustment of Status, but converting from Adjustment of Status to Consular Processing requires an additional processing form I-824 which requests USCIS to forward the file to Consular Processing which starts by transferring the file to NVC (National Visa Center) in New Hampshire.
2. Maybe 8-9 months. Check the times of I-824.
3. It becomes a part of the process. It is not that much of a big deal. More...
Note: This is a verbatim transcript of the referenced audio/video media delivered as oral communication, and, therefore, may not conform to written grammatical or syntactical form.