Frequently Asked Questions - Form I-751

Petition for a conditional resident who obtained status through marriage to apply to remove the conditions on his or her residence.

I-751 genuine marriage
My wife and I have decided that marriage does not fit into each others dreams anymore. We have been married for almost 3 years and Just got a notice that after filing I-751, the evidence submitted with the form was "insufficient". Our marriage and relationship started and continued in the utmost manner of good faith. Our decision for divorce was a mutual one. We plan on continuing friendship in good faith and she will always be part of our family. She has a life here, she works hard, pays taxes and wants to continue her life here. We both don't want her residency here, her life, stripped away.

I like your attitude. It appears to me that what is missing is proof, not genuineness. I suggest you contact a lawyer locally. They should be able to assist with finding items of proof that you may have overlooked.

Green card
My green card got expired in nov 2007, I filled by mistake I-90, when I went for my biometrics, they saw that I filled the wrong application, I have to fill I 751, then I filled I 751, My rec number is EAC*********. I recently went through my biometrics again, in April 2009, but still, I do not have any proper response,when do you think i will get my GC?

In my view, failing to file an I-751 in a timely manner could cause serious problems. I think you should consult with a lawyer locally where you are.