J Visa

Extension of the J-1 Entry Date for International Medical Graduates to Qualify for "Conrad 30" Waiver

USCIS reminds customers that Public Law 111-9, signed by President Obama on March 20, 2009, extends the date until Sept. 30, 2009 by which international medical graduates have to have been granted J-1 nonimmigrant status in order to later qualify for the "Conrad 30" program. Before this latest extension was granted, the most recent sunset date for qualifying J-1 admission was March 6, 2009.

Nonimmigrant Visas: 

J Visa

We have won several cases on extreme and exceptional hardship grounds in addition to the more routine J-1 waivers.  We have also processed several J-1 changes of MUA location matters for physicians.

Nonimmigrant Visas: 

J Visa Services and Fees

J-1 VISA WAIVER (Conrad State 30, Extreme Hardship, No Objection)

The fee schedule for J visa (fees are payable by personal or corporate checks) is as follows:

1.   Legal fees (for our Office): $3,200 payable at the commencement of the case
2.   Filing fees (to the USCIS)
  Form DS 3035:   $215
  Form I-612:   $585
3.   Federal Express Expenses: approx. $100

Nonimmigrant Visas: 

B visa while GC pending or similar situation

After a long-term relationship, earlier this year I married a U.S. citizen. I do not want to change my immigration status and do not wish to immigrate nor reside permanently in the United States since we both have steady jobs outside the U.S. and I do not want to leave my country. All I want is to be able to travel temporarily into the U.S. for pleasure and leisure as most tourists do, once or twice a year for a couple of weeks each time. I want to know if I can just apply for a new B-1/B-2 tourist visa to travel into the U.S. or if my husband needs to file an I-130 petition for alien relative and I-129 and K visa thereafter instead –which I understand would be the right process if I ever wanted to adjust status or become a U.S. permanent resident.

This is upto the discretion of the consulate and then again upto CBP when you land in USA. Consulates have the discretion to issue you a B visa - despite your presumed immigrant intent - if they are convinced that you will return. This is true for all cases where a B (or F or similar) visa is sought while GC is pending or could be pending.

Unless the context shows otherwise, all answers here were provided by Rajiv and were compiled and reported by our editorial team from comments and blog on immigration.com

Add new comment


Subscribe to J Visa