Frequently Asked Questions - Transfer
- H-1 Transfer
- H-1B and Green Card Transfer From a Non-Profit Organization to For-Profit
- Transferring H-1B While an RFE is Pending
- When Does One Become H-1B Cap Exempt?
- Denial of H-1B on Level 1 Wage Issue
- Effect of Moving Abroad While Still on H-1B Visa
- H-1B Visa Denied and Petition Sent for Revocation
- Travel while H-1 extension pending – change in I-94 number
- Simultaneous filing of H-1 amendment and extension
It is possible to apply for an H-1 transfer with USCIS, provided the H-1 holder is maintaining legal status and fulfills all the requirements.
1. The answer is No. There is no advantage in going through for-profit or non-profit that's just irrelevant.
1. Now if somebody's H-1 gets denied for level 1 job the same employer can file for level 2. But there should be a good reason or explanation if the government asks questions like: why are we going to level 2, why did we not go with level 2 the first time around.
1. Not until a notice of intent to revoke is sent.
2. This case is going back to USCIS.