Frequently Asked Questions - L-2 Visa
- Permanent Employment with L-2 Visa with Valid EAD
- Change of status from L-2 to H-4
- L-2 visa and EAD processing
- L-2 visa application for spouse
- L-2 Visa without EAD
- Starting business on L-2 visa
- Wife work permit
- L2 Visa holder
- L2 Status
- L-2 as dependent turning 21
- Does H-4 Require a Prior USCIS Approval for Visa Stamping?
- Is it legal to work for a foreign based company in the USA?
You do not currently have the visa to work permanently. But, there is NO PROBLEM with you working on a permanent job on temporary basis.
H-4 holders can not use the EAD they received while on L-2. If you can, change to H-1.
You should apply (not the employer) for the EAD ASAP. Processing times are on USCIS web site.
Tell the truth. I see no reason why you need to worry. An L-2 is permission, not an obligation. She can come and leave as she pleases.
With an EAD, an L-2 can work anywhere including operating their own business and work as many jobs as they like.
Personally, I prefer the L-2 option for her. She can work AND go to school. More choices.
You need complete credentialing including a license.
Once you have the EAD you can work for anyone in USA, including a company that is not in USA.
Correct. Once you are 21, you cannot be on L-2 status.