EB-1 Extraordinary Ability Alien, Outstanding Researcher/Professor OR International Managers Services and Fees

Printer-friendly versionPDF version

The fee schedule for Green Card through Extraordinary Ability Alien, Outstanding Researcher/Professor, and Multinational Manager (fees are payable by personal checks) is as follows:

1. Legal Fees (for our Office):

$5,400 for EB-1 (plus, for employee/beneficiary families with more than two children, $500 more for each additional child beyond two)--$4,600 at the commencement of the case (plus $500 more for each additional child beyond two) and the balance of $800 before filing I-485 application.

2. Filing Fees (to the USCIS): Single Applicant
  I-140: $700
  I-485, I-765, I-131, Fingerprinting: $1225

Federal Express Expenses: approximately $200

4. For EB-1 Extraordinary Ability Alien and Outstanding Researcher/Professor cases Premium Processing is accepted. Premium Processing for Multinational Manager cases is currently unavailable. Our legal fee is $250 for preparation of additional paperwork.  Filing fee (to USCIS) is $1,225.00.

Note: The filing fee of $1140 includes fee for applications I-485, I-765, and I-131, and fingerprinting irrespective of whether I-765 and I-131 applications are submitted along with I-485.


I am currently working as a research fellow on F1 OPT and my employer is considering filing for EB1. My question is, can the transition be done from F1 OPT to EB1 and in case my application does not go through can I come back to renew my F1 status to continue a PhD in the future?

Thank you in advance.


Rushikesh ji, there is nothing in law that stops an F-1 student from directly filing for a green card. But, exhibiting immigrant intent while on an F-1 visa can raise some issues that should be discussed and planned for with your lawyers.

Note: Not intended to create attorney-client relationship.  Answers could be incomplete, incorrect or outdated.  Use caution.

I have a Ph.D. degree from Germany and two Masters ( one from the UK and one from India). I have 10 publications so far with a cumulative citation of 150. I am on J visa currently. Am I eligible for EB1?

We don't charge for review of resumes. You can email me your resume to help at the domain immigration dot com.

Note: Not intended to create attorney-client relationship.  Answers could be incomplete, incorrect or outdated.  Use caution.

I am woking on my DMA In Piano Performance, As a musician I have quite some awards and achievements, so I am planning to apply for a permeant residency.
May I ask what your opinion is in the musicians world?
Is it better to apply for EB-1 as an extraordinary ability alien or as a National interest Waiver alien?
Also what is the difference between EB-1 Extraordinary ability and EB-2 Extraordinary ability ?

Thank you so much